Monday, September 14, 2015

When you feel like giving up, Don't!

-->
Hi all, It’s been a while, but please know that you all have been on my mind and in my heart all along. This blog and the comments my readers have left through out the years have been instrumental in my recovery process and for this I am and will always be grateful.

As for me, presently I am doing very well, my depression has lifted substantially, and I managed to move forward in one piece from a few extreme challenges that I had experienced in the last two years.

After many years of not being able to hold a full time permanent job, I am happy to say that I am currently gainfully employed once again on a full time basis, as well as completely enjoying being back in the work force.

What does this all truly mean to me? Well, it means that there is a lot to be said for “not giving up’’ and taking recovery, treatment and perseverance seriously eventually pays off. 

Working very closely with my mental health providers as well as utilizing my self-care tools has worked tremendously for me. Are things perfect? No, we all know that perfection is unrealistic, but I will tell you this, things have become much better and so has my mental health.

Here are 10 of the many things I am doing for my continued well being.

1.  Staying grateful
2.  Never forgetting who I am, where I came from, and what I need to continue doing.
3. Staying true to others and myself.
4. Knowing my worth.
5. Setting healthy boundaries.
6. Exercising physically and mentally.
7. Setting healthy and realistic goals.
8. Giving myself healthy time outs.
9. Practicing self awareness
10. Still not giving up!

What are some of the things that you do to promote your well-being and good mental health?








Share

3 comments:

  1. You don't know how happy your post made me!!!!! And I am so happy for you :) I have been worried about you!

    Congratulations on your job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gina, that means a lot to me. It makes me happy to know others such as you care. Thanks so much!!

      Delete
  2. My internet friends are so special to me. Friends like you have helped me in so many ways during difficult times, moreso than family. You are welcome :)

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...