Wednesday, May 21, 2014

On finding the good in the bad.

-->



It is so easy to see; feel and experience things falling apart in ones life, yet so hard, almost impossible to notice the good that can come from it. But, if we stop, I mean really stop and look within and around, you can actually see them.

Sounds cheesy I know, like a teaching from some self help guru who probably never experienced hard ship. For me, the challenges can be so daunting that it eats away my energy and creates fear, making it hard to envision how something good can come out of something bad.

But once we begin to practice self care and acceptance, we begin to understand that sometimes things that fall apart were never strong enough in the first place. Keeping it together was all consuming. And although falling apart can be hell, starting over is exciting, a new beginning for things to be done right and feel good, as it should have been all along.

Do you believe that good things can come out of bad experiences?

What’s your take on challenges and hardship?
















Share

10 comments:

  1. Agree with you. We can learn more things from the wrongs we have done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Weekend Windup!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely believe good things come out of bad experiences. We learn from the bad things and the mistakes. They are necessary growing pains. They really make is easier for us to appreciate the good things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, the bad can be a big pain in the arse, but good can come from it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, I do believe that good can come out of bad experiences. I think God's grace can sometimes be seen more sharply when circumstances are full of fear and sadness. Sometimes I have a hard time remembering that, though. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I don't know how much wisdom there is here, but I'll share my take on it. Before my treatment, I thought life was awful. Just agony every single day. Since treatment, don't get me wrong, there are still hard things, and my heart aches at the suffering I see in the world all around me, but yet, somehow, my eyes have been opened to the good. And there is good. A lot of it. And I very strongly believe that God takes terrible things and makes the most beautiful things ever out if it. I'm *almost* grateful for the hell I went through fighting my way to better mental health. I appreciate things like never before. Simple, good things mean so much more to me. Others mean so much more to me. I have a completely different perspective on God, life, others, and myself now. I would NEVER have gotten here if I didn't go through that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to repeat it any time soon! But my answer to your question is a big, fat YES!!! Ironically, I recently wrote about this in a post entitled, "Dear OCD."

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...