Thursday, July 11, 2013

Uncertain, resilient with hope.

Uncertainty is a part of life, but for me it has been a defected roller coaster of non stop uncertainties, such as not knowing what's going to happen from one minute to the next. I can't say it's any different now (Well maybe a bit better, a tiny bit) but, what I can say is that unlike the past, I feel more stable in facing them.

What I mean is, I feel more confident and capable of handling what ever comes my way. My level of fear has lessened as my hope continues to rise. Hope of challenges being met with resilience and ultimately overcomed with grace.

Lately, I have been thinking of that young girl staring at the bathroom mirror with a face smeared of lipstick and mascara stained, teared clouded eyes. A lost girl, an angry girl, a hopeless girl. I'm not her anymore and although, the memory pains me, I have grown. That girl was full of expectations that were crushed and certain of outcomes that never came to be.

Today my expectations are realistic and my uncertainties accepted. My faith has broadened and I have a box full of tools that help guide me.

How do you handle uncertainty?







16 comments:

  1. Dear Madison,

    Ah yes, life and the uncertainty of what's next. Life can feel even more uncertain when the anxiety we experience compounds it all.

    Yet, we both know there are measures we can use. Right now, I'm facing some challenging uncertainty because of a ruthless government. However, the audacity of it all, has given more resilience to defy it all.

    You have you own person toolbox. Your positive resources conducive to your own mental health well being. I know you shall continue to cherish that special place where the sea and the sky embrace.

    In peace, goodwill and the gift of empathy, your way,

    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Sea and the sky embrace" love that Gary, thank you.

      Delete
  2. I love this post, Madison! I'm so glad that you have reached the point where you know you can deal with what comes, even if you're not sure what that will be. My favorite sentence in your post: "My level of fear lessens as my hope continues to rise." Love that!

    I have never liked uncertainty. Not being certain has caused me to be angry, hurt, in despair. But I am slowly learning that life can be good even amid uncertainty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina, I am slowly learning that too.

      Delete
  3. Hello my friend. I mainly try to handle uncertainties by telling myself that I have no control over what happens but I DO have control over how I react to it. I know it's sometimes easier than it sounds but it's what helps me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EO, thank you my friend. You are so right.:)

      Delete
  4. I just tell myself to shut the hell up and go on. Dwelling is hard on the nerves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey pat, you're a wise fella, thank you!

      Delete
  5. Uncertainty is at the core of OCD, so I sure feel your pain here, Madison. I'm glad you are doing better with it. Two and a half years of CBT/ERP helped me to learn how to deal better with uncertainty. I still struggle some, but like you, I've grown too. Yay for growth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi 71, thank you. Grateful for your visit.

      Delete
  6. How do I handle uncertainties? With lots of therapy. It's the only thing getting me through right now. I don't know what happened to the confident girl I used to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, happy to see you here. She will come back. Believe, never give up!

      Delete
  7. Madison, appreciate the encouragement. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JBR, thanks hope you are well. I appreciate your visit.

      Madison:)

      Delete
  8. Love the way you put into words, your emotions and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Steve, what a pleasure seeing you here. Thank you for the kind comment.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...