Sunday, June 23, 2013

Achieving some sense of mental stability - Depression.



I and those closest to me are noticing that I am less depressed than usual, despite the fact that I still have ongoing challenges in my life. It has not always been easy for me to feel or be this way, often times a struggle that I would not wish on anyone. But, I have put a lot of work into getting  better.

First, it had to start with me and my choices. Again, not easy, takes time and it helps to have a "not giving up" attitude and realize how worthy I am of getting better. Self care is a huge such as, keeping my appointments and having healthy me time has been essential in not having that depressive cloud constantly following me around.

It is liberating to feel some sense of normality within me, my body and brain. I plan on continuing this journey and hopefully deal the best I can with any obstacle's that may come my way, I don't want to lose what I have been working so hard for. Having mental and emotional stability is priceless.





14 comments:

  1. The best way to be, just keep that mindset at your sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy that you are feeling some sense of relief.....thank you for sharing. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JBR, it is a relief truly is. Hope all is well, glad to see you.

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy for you, Madison! I know it takes a lot of hard work to reach a sense of stability. I'm working on it, too. It's good to see someone else have success at it. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tina! You know my sister noticed I was better, something happened that would normally send me into a downward spiral and I handled it like a champ. She said to me " wow, Madison you're handling this great in the past something like this would put you in a depression for days.' That's just one example:))

      Delete
  4. I love this. It sounds as if your introspection is really helping you. And you're right, self care is HUGE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, self care huge. I make sure I do something for myself everyday. It could be anything from going on a walk to making sure I don't stay in bed more than I have to with lingering thoughts in my head. I get up and get moving. "Change a thought, move a muscle" Thanks Optimistic.:))

      Delete
  5. I'm thrilled that you're doing so well.

    Self care is a huge step towards getting better. Next thing you know, you'll be in charge of your life and loving it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support Misha! I'm thrilled with my progress as well.

      Delete
  6. Absolutely right Maddison. You seem to have a little routine going on, with keeping your appointments and making sure you have good quality self time, and it all seems to be working very well for you at the moment. Keep it up mate.

    You sound very optimistic, especially when you're not pondering on what obstacles may jump out your way until (or if) they ever happen. I'm so happy for you right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks RumPunch:) BTW,me and those obstacles, not friends lol.

      Delete
  7. Nice Website...
    Hey JOIN now fblikesbot.com and Increase Facebook Likes your profile and websites.
    Increase Facebook Likes and check your website worth worth my websites
    its may be very beneficial for you also really

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...