Monday, December 31, 2012

Scared of change - Anxiety about the future


Hello to all my wonderful readers on this New years eve, 2012. First, I want to start of by saying you mean so much to me, your support has helped me get through a lot this past year, and from the bottom of my heart I want you to know I am sincerely grateful for your friendship.

Lately, I've been thinking plenty of all the possible changes that I am going to face this coming year. I find myself pushing those thoughts away, which leave me depressed and exausted. Especially since I feel them lingering in the back of my mind and I am just trying to avoid them by not doing much, but replacing them with other thoughts, which just makes my thought process scrambled, followed by moments of my mind going blank.

I wouldn't say the changes are nessecarrily going to be bad, they are actually positive, but sometimes feel bad because they are going to require a lot of work and adjusting.

Just writing about it, is beginning to cause me anxiety. So of course, my immediate response is to stop writing this post, that way I won't have to think about these changes, but I also know that sharing my feelings have always helped me deal with them appropriately.

Ah, big sigh here. Why is dealing with life on life terms and all the changes that come with it, so darn hard for me to handle? :-(

My advice to others when feeling this way, is telling them to have faith, turn thier fears and concerns over to a higher power, take it one day at a time, not to project about the future and try to stay in the now and let things take it's course. But, for goodness sake ( I giggle as I write the next line) I can't even take my own advice right now. Perhaps, after seeing it in my own print I will. That is often the theraputic benefit of writing and sharing with others.

I take a lot of pride in sharing my truth with my readers. In letting YOU know that I have overcome many things, and with applying yourself, persistence, belief and hope you can too.

Part of that truth for me, is not only talking the talk, but also walking the walk. How can I do that if I am not honest? And in all Honesty, I'm holding back tears right now, I am really scared.

"It's okay to be scared" As I write, and you read this post, I am reminding us of that, and I don't feel so alone.

I wish you all a Happy and Healthy New Year!!

May your dreams come true, and may love and compassion always stay in your heart.



18 comments:

  1. Dealing with changes is difficult and scary for me, too. But you've offered wonderful reminders to keep the faith, stay in the moment, it's OK to be afraid. Keep reading those words you wrote and remind yourself that you are not alone. May 2013 be the best yet for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina, thank you for your support. A very healthy and happy New Year to you!

      Delete
  2. Change of any kind can be difficult, especially when we fear the unknown. But I hope that the changes you intend to make in 2013 bring you happiness and success.

    Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And all the success and happiness to you too in 2013, Lost in space. :-))

      Delete
  3. Dear Madison,

    I am typing to you from the New Year and with that, I wish for you new hopes and not have the burden of anxiety caused by the inner chatter that tries to sabotage your right to feeling happier about yourself.

    Of course, you verbalise via your writing as you push through, confront the anxiety you are experiencing.

    Your transparency reveals the tears and remember Tears stream. Cheeks stain. What I dream. Was not in vain. You, dear friend, have dreams, hopes and aspirations for a better reality, a hopeful New Year.

    Your honesty and the support we all share through the profound gift of empathy, shall give you that hope and comfort you crave and must have.

    A hopeful, peaceful 2013, Madison. I am around in the background and you will continue to have my support and understanding.

    In kindness and goodwill and hugs,
    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gary, may hope and peace rain on you as well this new year, followed by the most colorful rainbows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never take your own advice when suffering from depression. It is so consuming at times, you have no choice but to ride it out, say it will pass. Easier said than done though. You take care & take it easy whenever possible.

    All the best for 2013. Love Tony. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tony, thank you for reading my post and commenting. I wish you a Happy New Year with health and peace and harmony. :-)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! These changes that I am expecting to take place will be unfolding in the next few weeks. As they do I will certainly be blogging about them, I suspect, I will be needing my off and online friends for support. Best wishes to you as well:-)

      Delete
  7. I really don't like changes.....although some trun out to be amazing.....Here's to a great year...changes and all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Sarah, cheers to amazing changes. :-)

      Delete
  8. Hi Madison!

    I can relate to this. I'm also tied up by fear that holds me from opening a new door to a better life. It's just too hard to break the fear, leave the comfort zone and make some changes in life.

    I too feel a bit better when I write something in my blog. It helps to relieve my feelings.
    Happy New Year to you too, may the year brings you success, good health and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zunnur, first three lines of you comment say's so much and is an eye opener for me. When You really stop and see how fear closes the doors to a better life, it actually gives the emotion associated with fear less power. You are right, it can be so hard for some of us to do, but little by little and work I believe it can be done.

      Delete
  9. I wish you a wonderful 2013, that all your wishes and dreams will come true.

    Of course it's okay to be scared, we have fears for a reason. Writing also helps me a lot, most of all when I read about others feeling the same or understanding me.
    Have faith in yourself, see the opportunities in life and not the obstacles, and you will realize you can do and reach everything you want to.

    -Sanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your beautiful words of encouragement, Sanny. They truly resonated with me. Have a lovely yeat:-)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. MIsha, Happy 2013 filled with health and all that is wonderful!

      Delete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...