Thursday, November 29, 2012

Getting to know me - 5 things - Accomplishments, fears and more





1 - I love the first snow fall of every year. Here is a picture of this year's first snow fall outside of my window. It didn't stick to the ground which is fine, because I really just like the way it looks while falling, not the sloppy mush it turns into after a few days.






2 - Every evening I wind down and relax by watching "Everybody Loves Raymond" until I fall asleep. Some like the news, I prefer good old comedy T.V. sitcoms. Here is a clip from one of my favorite episodes.




3 - My pet name for my husband is "fuzzy" it came from feeling his hair after a haircut and then it pretty much stuck.  These days I call him many other things but, I'll leave that one alone for now.




4 - I am afraid of crossing the streets, but I still cross them and am becoming less fearful as time goes by. A few years ago a car struck me, Thanks to God I did not get hurt. However, I do believe I've developed some form of PTSD from the experience. To learn more about PTSD visit Post Traumatic Stress Disorder




5 - One day at a time, I have been sober and free from alcoholism for over ten years. It is one of my greatest and proudest accomplishments. I never forget what it use to be like, and that helps me stay humble and grateful for today. To learn more about About Alcoholism go to AA.org 


14 comments:

  1. Hi Madison,

    A wonderful, thoughtful, reflective and upbeat posting. And that day, just over ten years ago, you set yourself free and started to discover you, again. Alcohol can seem to be your best friend. Then it becomes your worst enemy. You have every right to be proud. My friend, I'm proud of you and keep going :)

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gary, thank you! Discovering who we truly are is a gift that we are blessed to have recieved.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing these things about yourself, Madison. Being sober and free from alcohol is a great accomplishment, and you should be proud of yourself, for your courage. And it takes courage to cross the street everyday, too, despite your fears, especially when you've had an awful experience like being hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina, its funny how we don't know how courageous we can be until it's the only choice we have. Many of us have an abundance amount of courage that we are not aware of.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Interesting and positive post.

    Congrats on being 10 years sober. That is a really good achievement. And it is a good thing that you put some you time into every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lost in space, "you time" is so very important. Although, I admit, not always the easiest for me, but worth it. :)

      Delete
  4. wow, 10 years of sobriety..that is just awesome. I have a cousin that is struggling with that right now, she is in AA. I hope she can find the success you have had. You are indeed courageous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Krystal, I really appreciate you reading my post and commenting. I too hope your cousin finds her way, don't give up.

    Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you shared these parts of who you are. I love watching sitcoms before bed, too, especially Seinfeld and Ally McBeal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Healing from BPD, those sitcoms certainly are relaxing before bedtime. Thank a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Madison, appreciate you sharing. Safe hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just be real, your appreciation means a lot. Smiles :-))

      Delete
  9. I loved this post Madison.

    I need to do something like it myself. I may borrow your idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, glad you liked it. Im looking forward to your similar post.

      Delete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...