Friday, August 31, 2012

My mental health week in review

My mood this week was pretty good, the anxiety level was lower than previous weeks, I had a few touches of sadness here and there but most were related to me thinking about my dad, it's going on one year next week since he passed away.

I spent some quality time with mom, did a lot of running around, catching up on errands and things of that nature.

I have also been following through on my coping skills such as staying busy, engaging in healthy activities and redirecting my negative thoughts toward positive ones.

I saw my therapist this week, due to my recent anxiety attacks she suggested we see each other once a week instead of every other week.

I'm going to take her up on that suggestion, can't hurt, it can only help me even more and I am all for that. Besides there are a few things I have been meaning to get off my chest that I haven't had a chance to share with her.

So there you have it, my mental health week in review. Hope you all had a good one and I wish you a restful, happy and healthy weekend!

Madison :-)



6 comments:

  1. I'm glad your anxiety level has been lower. It sounds like you are doing good things to help yourself. That is so important! I am not always good about doing that--I tend to forget what I should do in the midst of bad times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina, yes, I trying my best. It's not always easy especially during bad times, but it gets better over time. I always say " progress not perfection. "
      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you've had a good week. I hope the extra therapy helps to reduce the panic attacks. I think 'progress not perfection' is a good attitude to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lost in space! I appreciate your comment, hope you are having a nice weekend. :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Madison,
    And along with moments of reflective sadness, you continue to focus on all the positive resources and distractions that are a treasured aspect of your ongoing realisation of a healthier, happier, more fulfilling life.
    I'm delighted that through the cathartic therapy that is the written word, you share your concerns and yes, your hopes.
    For what it's worth, my friend, I am here to be of support and encouragement.
    May your weekend be peaceful and positive.
    With respect and admiration,
    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement and support, Gary. You are an inspiration:)

      Delete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...