Monday, August 6, 2012

Feel good songs - Music that makes you happy - Some of my favorite tunes

We all have heard about how certain types of music can lift our spirits and make us forget our troubles, songs that make us think of a time or place, and songs that we don’t want to listen too because they spark up memories we would prefer not to think off. Oh, and we can’t forget about the one’s that just makes us want to get up, dance and sing like a super star.

I find that there are instances when music lifts my depression especially, when I listen to my favorite tunes, for those 5 to 7 minutes or however long the song last, I am feeling good. It is a method that I definitely need to utilize more but, easily for me to forget when I am in a depression mode accompanied by anxiety and obsessive thoughts, perhaps after writing this post and sharing my favorite feel good songs with you, I will turn to music more often as a form of instantaneous therapy during a down moment.

I hope you enjoy some of my favorite tunes, these are mostly oldies, I find the music from way back then brings be back to simpler times. Please let me know if any of them are yours as well. Enjoy:)

 

2 comments:

  1. Greetings my friend,
    Well said and I echo your thoughts and must say, I can so relate to your musical selection. Especially, Bob Marley and Van Morrison. "Well it's a marvellous night for a moondance.."
    Music transports you. Takes you on journeys to moments in time. Memories of good times, bad times, happy times and poignant times. Music captures and freezes the thoughts of the past. Etched forever in your mind. You hear a song and you are there. The remembrance of childhood dreams, of first love, of love lost and learning to love again. The storybook of your life are written in the feelings of the music.
    In peace and positivity, your way, Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Klahanie, your comment is too awesome and beautifully said.

      Thank you!

      Delete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...