Sunday, April 8, 2012

Thoughts on indiviuals suffering from depression - mental illness

In my experience and the experience's others have shared with me. One of the most difficult things about being in a deep depression or suffering from other forms of mental illness, is being  misunderstood by those around you ( the indiviual ). Some depressed individuals tend to display a facade that so often is unconvincing. A made up character that depletes them of the little energy they have left and many times are subjected to poor judgement, by not just the general public but, quite often, by those closest to the indiviual suffering.

Sharing my thoughts. Feel free to share yours:)



-->

4 comments:

  1. Completely agree with this... In order to not appear totally useless you pretend to be *okay*, yet the attempt is never perfect, and you end up leaving yourself open to the judgement of others... And yes, it's often those closet to you who are the first to comment. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah, thank you so much for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know. I do not think my facade is fake and it certainly was not fooling anyone. Everyone knew I was miserable. Most were afraid to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen, thank you for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...