Thursday, September 8, 2011

The acceptance and healing process - when a loved one is sick or has a terminal illness

When a close relative or friend is ill with a terminal or life threating illness, it can be heart wrenching to those of us who love them, the acceptance process is difficult, but important none the less.

It is indeed one of the hardest process to go through because it involves us dealing and facing an array of different emotions that surface within our soul, heart and mind. We will feel fear, sadness, pain, anger and more, but as excruciating as it may feel, we must allow ourselves to feel those emotions in order to heal and help others through the difficult time.

The acceptance and healing proccess can also bring us gratefullness, love and a sense of understanding about life, our loved ones and our own selves.


3 comments:

  1. It is a lot harder then I thought it would be. I only want what is best for my Mom and for her not to suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, I know exactly what you mean. It has been a whole lot harder than I thought it would be for me as well. And now that he is gone, I feel so broken hearted, along many different emotions. I will always love him and my dad will always be in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the hardest thing that I have had to deal with. Great post.

    New follower. would love a visit
    www.barefootnparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...