Tuesday, August 16, 2011

This is me take it or leave it, either way, I love being me!

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." -Judy Garland

In my past there were times I hid my character and personality for the the fear of having those closest to me find it unacceptable or out of line. Hell, there were even times I was called "crazy and strange, an attention seeker."  Hiding my personality and portraying something I clearly was not, made me feel sad, depressed and unaccepted, it is very painful to be what someone else wants you to be.

NOT anymore! Today, I embrace my personality and no longer look to create another me for the sake of pleasing anyone. Most people who do not appreciate my quirky, bubbly, eccentric and sometimes interestingly outgoing persona are from another generation, I can actually understand their difference on things, but the other half are just plain ignorant, closed and narrow minded.

I respect that, they are entitled to their own opinions and characters, but do not call me crazy or strange and then expect me to want to be a part of your lives. I have worked very hard on implementing healthy boundaries.

I have always tried to the best of my ability to never judge from the outside always from the inside, I am full of passion from the bottom of my soul, I can be quick to cry when I'm hurting and fast to laugh when I'm happy.

I tend to root for the those who tend to be discarded or avoided by society, I am accepting of many differences in all walks of life and am quick to give a smile to a stranger, I might even start a conversation with you, although, I don't know you, just cause you seem pretty darn cool.

"He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away." -Raymond Hull


2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post and a perfect quote from Ms Garland!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...