Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Moving forward from a toxic relationship - It can be done

My friend is going through a tough break up from a very toxic relationship. She has finally made the decision to leave her longtime boyfriend and move forward and begin making healthier decisions for herself.

Now, this has been easier said than done, because part of the toxicity has been her co-dependency issues in the relationship as well, but I am pleased that she actually made the move of moving on, after several attempts and many breakdowns.

She has begun to see a therapist on a regular basis, change her telephone number and started using her free time for volunteering in non-profit organizations. I can really see how badly she want's out of this unhealthy relationship and build new, healthy, rewarding ones.

Of course, she is also having her moment's of crying bouts, intense heart ache and depression, but that is normal considering how difficult this process of breaking free has been. The good thing is that she is willing to go through some pain now, instead of many more years of agony.

I am so proud of her and the decision to love herself, I am offering all the support I can, by being a listener and friend.



5 comments:

  1. You are a true friend! It's so hard to see someone you care about suffering through a toxic relationship, and if you're like me you just want to jump in there and save them and "make everything alright". But being there to listen and be a friend is truly the best thing you can do. I hope things keep getting better for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will pray for strength for your friend... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friend is lucky to have your support but ultimately she's the one who has to take the action.

    Good luck to you both.


    Bella Vida by Letty
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so pleased your friend is getting sorted. She is lucky to have such a supportive friend. One of my best friends is having a tough time and she is struggling in a toxic relationship. I am trying so hard to help her however she has had a couple moments where she has not been the nicest however I am still there for her.

    Missy
    Just stopping over from comment love.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...