Monday, May 16, 2011

What to Tell Your Depressed Friend

These are all good suggestion­s. It is important to be their for your friend during this time, the individual who is suffering from depression often needs someone that will listen to them in a non judgmental way, companions­hip is also important since there are times where loneliness and depression can go hand in hand. Becoming educated on the topic of depression and gaining knowledge on the symptoms associated with it can help a person understand and approach their friend or loved one with more compassion and an open mind.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

6 comments:

  1. I totally love your blog! (Maybe because I have issues myself? LOL!) I don't just say that to everyone though. This is great pieces. I am going to book mark it and come back again another time when I am not so short on time!



    Thanks for linking up on my Super STALKER Sunday! I can't believe the response we have gotten again this week! :D If I wasn't already stalking you, I am now!

    I hope you won't be a stranger and come back next week, or even just mid week and say hello! : ) I post lots of other great things like recipes, tackles, and rambles (oh my!).

    Have you checked out my FANTASTIC Blog Hop Directory? It has at least 20 blog hops listed for each day of the week. There has to be something there to suit your fancy too. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you do a great job informing people about important issues on your blog. As a person with a Master's Degree in Psychology as well as someone who suffers from depression and anxiety, I say thanks for getting people educated:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is wonderful. It's quite informative. Keep up the great work!

    Thanks for linking up with Super Stalker Sunday hop. There are so many wonderful blogs participating, I hope you've found a few that you enjoy. Be sure to join us again next week!

    Best,
    Emily from Nap Time Is My Time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm stopping by from this week's Super Stalker Sunday hop! Thanks for participating! I hope you'll join us again next week and I hope you'll stop by and visit me if you haven't already!
    Mariah, FormulaMom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great info you share here, and on your autism blog as well. I have two nephews with autism, and I'm learning more about it all the time. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...