Saturday, April 30, 2011

To do list - A stress buster

A to do list can help you relieve some stress. We have all heard about it and most have done one, some of us have kept up with it, others have not and then there are those who either lose it or misplace it. Still making one will relieve some stress by having less to think about, having more to remember and less frustration from forgetting.

Today, unlike many years ago we can actually carry our to do list with us where ever we go, many phones come equipped with a memo, calendar or notes app, I for one utilize mine to a full extent, I love it because I can also add an alarm to the item on the list and when it is done, I just clear the field.

Those magnetic boards for your refrigerators are awesome, but we can easily get use to seeing them and wind up ignoring them, I know I have. One of the things that I use to do before my phone is, I use to by those large pieces of construction paper with a bright neon color, then I would take a thick colorful marker and make a to do list, placing it in a visible area where it would just glare at me whenever I walked by, now how can you miss that.

With those two great ideas we can’t possibly forget to add the planner, the perfect sized one that will fit perfectly in your purse or briefcase and go with you where ever you go, before these do it all phones, planners were my favorite.

I’ll tell you, there is nothing that I dislike more than to walk around wondering, what on earth was it that I had to get done, it is a definite stress riser to me, I’m sure to others as well. And how about thinking of all the things you need to get done all at once, it is like having a western dance going on in your mind, and you know there’s a big headache that follows. Somehow looking at a list and seeing it in print eases your mind.

A list also gives you order and organization which helps us feel more in control over our lives and confident. Oh, and how about sleep? Less stress means more sleep, with a to do list we will have less mumbo jumbo going on in our heads at night wondering along with worrying about what needs to get done, and a more refreshed feeling in the morning energized and ready to tackle the list.

2011 Mom's Weekly Planner - Blue (18-month Calendar)Mom's Ultimate Family Organizer: A One-Stop Planner for Busy MomsOrganize Now!: A Week-by-Week Guide to Simplify Your Space and Your Life

15 comments:

  1. Hi new follower from the uk
    Really enjoyed your blog
    Please come visit me anytime
    www.jollyjillys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya...and I try to be organized, but I make to-do lists all the time, and then never use them!

    New follower...stopping by from the Crazed Fan hop!
    Kristin :)
    Keenly Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Organization is not one of my best qualities. I try and try and try again. I sometimes make lists and it makes things easier, I must admit. My problem is continuing to make the lists! My younger sister is very organized and she is my reminder. I'm always asking her "can you remind me to do this or that?" I guess if I wrote it down, I wouldn't have to bother her so much!

    Following from Mom Bloggers. So glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all that's going on, if I didn't stay organized, I don't know what I'd do! Nice post! Following you on Twitter.

    Best wishes,

    Clayton
    http://www.claytonpaulthomas.com
    twitter: @claylauren2001

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am one of those list makers and noever follow throughers:) Maybe if I did my life wouldn't feel so chaotic. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower! I love your content!
    Please follow my blog...it's brand new so please excuse the lack of posts right now!

    http://greatexpectations-kyna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I go in spurts of using lists and planners. Sometimes I use them, sometimes I don't. I do have most things written down somewhere!! Thanks for visiting the "Sit & Relax" weekend hop. Sorry it's taken so long for me to get here! Hope to see you next weekend. And I'm following you now!~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Yeah! I either have to have my task list on the calendar running or some type of list handy at all times. It is very stressful trying to remember everything that needs to be done. Having a list definitely takes away the stress.

    Thank you so much for participating in the Get Wired Blog Hop. I am following you back.

    Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for visiting my blog!
    I have used a planner for about twentyfive yrs. before home computers,cell phones and other electronic devices.In fact my first one was a Daytimer Planner. I even taught my daughters growing up the benifits of using a planner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've found that making a to-do list before bed has helped me get to sleep better. I'm not up at night worrying about anything I have to do the next day.

    Thanks for stopping by Tips for Saving. I'm now following you back!

    http://ourtipsforsaving.blogspot.com
    Keep in Touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I just landed here from Get Wired Wednesday Blog Hop. I'm a brand new follower.

    My blog is about art, photography, crafts, quotes and inspiration. I'd love for you to drop by and say hello.
    Bella Vida by Letty
    Bella Vida by Letty

    I can't function without lists. They keep me sane. Lists and my calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Wednesday! I am a new follower from the blog hop and I look forward to following

    your blog!...Hope u can come by for a visit! http://adventuresatgreenacre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously, I live for lists! I'm now following you!
    Char
    The Epic Adventures of a Modern Mom
    http://1epicmom.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you all for stopping by and reading my post.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...